There are so many things I've been meaning to write about this week, but between the pain meds and a couple of last-minute babysitter cancellations and more doctors appointments, I'm not finding the time to write (or when I do, my brain isn't working so well). In no particular order, these things are:
1. I got a shot today to shut down my ovaries. On the one hand, this means no more periods, ever; on the other, no. More. Periods. Ever. I'm not going to lie, I shed a few tears of frustration at the loss of choice this means for me reproductively, even though I ultimately knew this would probably be the path I'd have to walk down.
2. Speaking of walking, Quinn took his first steps (7 in a row!) on Monday. But every time I pull out the video camera to try to capture these steps, he plops down on his butt. Also, he attempted to climb his highchair today, which looked something like this:
I would have captured that on camera, but the little daredevil needed a spotter.
3. The post-surgical drain-grenades coming out of my armpits were removed today, thank GOD. I can finally wear something other than a post-mastectomy camisole and shower without a shoelace around my neck.
4. Today marks two weeks out from surgery, and I'm recovering okay, although still a little sore (hence the continued vicodin). I'm also still on doctor's orders not to lift anything heavier than 20 pounds, and my roly-poly Bug plowed right past that benchmark weeks (months?) ago. What I miss most? Picking him up out of his crib in the morning. Or maybe putting him down to sleep at night. Definitely rocking him for comfort after a piece of furniture gets in his way and he bumps his head.
5. One of my very best friends is coming into town to visit this weekend. Yay doesn't even begin to describe how excited I am to see her.
6. I received my wig this week (or maybe last? my brain is mush), made from my friends' collected hair. It needs a little styling, but here's a preview.
7. My friends are incredible.
8. The nurses at my oncology center are also incredible. They deserve their own post for providing me with tissues and blankets and parenting tips and therapy - and that was just at today's visit.
9. Did I mention my brain is mush lately?